Saturday, October 17, 2009

Isaiah 6:8

Sometimes we think that if we surrender fully to the will of God, then he is going to send us to the farthest ends of the earth where there is absolutely no civilization (Ok God, if you send me, can I pack a lifetime supply of Starbucks in my suitcase?). But if we can set our fears aside, I think we will see that perhaps that is not always the case. In fact, I would like to take it to the other end of the spectrum and say that sometimes God doesn't abruptly transplant us, but instead he eases us into it through a slow transition. When we submit to Him, it can be more of a gentle nudge here or a soft invitation there so that once He has prepared our hearts, we feel compelled to say, "How can I sign up?"

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?'" And I said, "'Here am I. Send me!'" -Isaiah 6:8

No comments: