Monday, December 7, 2009

Romans 12:2

The demand for change overwhelmed me. It called to me incessantly. So I finally rose to the challenge. I answered the call, then watched as parts of my life went underwent transformation. I saw the severity of my chronic character flaws: perfectionism, defensiveness (both of which are mere manifestations of pride), and procrastination. The new light shed on these lingering flaws did not hold me to an empty, abandoned condition. Instead, I took it to the Lord. I asked him to clean me up-to renovate the condition of my heart. To make my life new, welcoming, inviting, not just to Him, but to others as well.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will." -Romans 12:2

No comments: