Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Salvation

I grew up in what felt like the back side of a small town where the only thing to do on a Friday night was to count the stars in the country.

Until one day my restless heart traded in a sky full of stars for a pocket full of ambition. But I soon came to realize that selfish ambition can't light up the night sky.

So I sat in the dark waiting for someone to give me a light . . . only you did not show up like the rest-all tall, dark and handsome. You should up with sweet salvation.

"Strengthen the feeble hands,
steady the knees that give way;

say to those with fearful hearts,
'Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
he will come to save you.'

Then will the eyes of the blind be opened
and the ears of the deaf unstopped.

Then will the lame leap like a deer,
and the mute tongue shout for joy.
Water will gush forth in the wilderness
and streams in the desert."
-Isaiah 35:3-6

No comments: