Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Truth & Grace

I cannot run from reality, but if I stand still long enough I fall through the cracks. So I slip into something anonymous in hopes that the truth won't find me. But she does. She backs me into a corner until I have no other choice but to remove my disguise. And when I do, I find myself standing in a fragile place.

And it's hard to be alone when truth is staring you right in the eye. So I call on my friend, grace.

"Then we will no longer be like children, forever changing our minds about what we believe because someone has told us something different or because someone has cleverly lied to us and made the lie sound like the truth. Instead, we will hold to the truth in love, becoming more and more in every way like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church."
-Ephesians 4:14,15

No comments: