Saturday, October 29, 2011

Growth

If I had only known then the things I know now, I would have lived in a place of perfect peace when reality reared its ugly head. I would have counted the cost of sacrifice before catering to my own comforts. And I would have fiercely stared fear in the face before backing down.

If I had only known then the things I know now, I would have been able to leap without knowing where I would land. But back then I could not even get my feet off the ground, much less sprint through life with confidence.

Still, I take comfort today in resting with a relaxed understanding of who I have become.

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."
-Philippians 1:6

No comments: