Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Welcome

The cold night air confirms it is Christmas time as little twinkling lights compete with the stars. Inside a hearth burns brightly while frosted windows glow.

And I cannot imagine the first Christmas when my Savior breathed in the night air from an old dusty stable. Did he shiver when he stepped out among humanity as God clothed in an infant's frame? He left the comforts of heaven for the sake of me and all of humanity. Yet, on the night he came to earth, they pushed him to the outskirts of town. Would I have done the same?

Lord, I pray that we will welcome you today, not pushing you to the outskirts of our lives, even on our darkest and coldest nights.

"All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel'-which means, 'God with us.'" -Matthew 1:22,23

No comments: