Friday, March 30, 2012

Beautiful

I felt like looking pretty to soothe my weary nerves after yesterday kept claiming to know me. But there is so much about me today that yesterday has not been told. So I pulled my heart out of hiding, only to discover how wrinkled it had become. Then I opened it up and smoothed in out before pinning it on my sleeve. And once I did, you called me beautiful.

"Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end."
-Ecclesiastes 3:11

2 comments:

Julie said...

Was just introduced to you blog. Love your thoughts, and this one especially spoke to me today. Man, my heart is wrinkled! Thank you.

Leaha Shaikh said...

Thank you Julie for visiting! Praying you get it all smoothed out :)