Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ministry in Real Life

Recently, God released my heart to resign from ministry as a profession in order to remain in ministry as a lifestyle. So I am taking off my ministry mask to reveal a more realistic me. Now the truth can be told with each expression that crosses my face since I actually have a smile that not only looks less plastic, but also feels less perfect. So when ministry in real life gets messy, I can better reach the bruised and brokenhearted. After all, I cannot get deep in the dirt if my heart is clothed in khaki, but I can clothe my heart with the comfort of an old cut off pair of jeans and dig deeper for all of you to see all of me.

"For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland (Isaiah 43:19)."

How do you do ministry in real life?

No comments: