Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Lady in Red

Do you remember when you were a kid, singing in the back seat of your parents' car with the windows rolled down? Your hair blowing in your face. Your voice competing with the wind. I remember singing as loud as I could to Chris DeBurgh's "The Lady in Red." Clearly it was my dad's tape, since at that time I was still jammin' along to the tune of Sesame Street. But when we got in the car to go somewhere, the music played and I imagined myself as The Lady in Red.

Ironically, now I really am The Lady in Red after having come into a relationship with Jesus Christ. Only I am not the romantic lady of a hit song from the 80's, I am a lady who has experienced redemption.

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." -Ephesians 1:7,8

No comments: