Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Cinderella Story

The body of Christ, as broken individuals, ought to come together like puzzle pieces to make up the greater picture: Christ's bride. We are made spotless and pure knowing that one day the Bridegroom will return.

I realized my identity as His bride about a year after my own wedding. I stood in a church service, engaged in worship when an image suddenly flashed before my mind. It was an image of myself standing in a dirty, tattered and torn wedding dress. Then immediately afterward flashed another image of myself in a sparkling white dress, followed by the words, "This is how I see you. Now remain in my love."

You see, I bounced back and forth like a double minded person realizing that in one moment I felt loved and accepted by Christ, while in the next moment I felt unworthy to even stand in His presence.

But the truth tells me that "as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you" (Isaiah 62:5).

No comments: