Saturday, June 12, 2010

This is the Day

There is a room in my house where the light glows dimly at night while an end table boasts with beauty as her silhouette cascades across one wall. She commands the stage for an audience of several furnishings that sit silently holding their applause. And they do hold their applause until 7 a.m. when tiny little feet clap against the cold tile floors.

Suddenly the staged room no longer illuminates with the legs of a table, but with the legs of a child. My child, in fact. She emerges from a dressing room of sorts to take place on the center stage of my day in my house where the light glows dimly at night.

So I give my regards to the quiet of night, and welcome the beauty of day.

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." -Psalm 118:24

No comments: