Monday, March 28, 2011

Telling

The lines on my face tell the stories my mouth rarely tells. They tell of the apathy running through my veins when I come to the place where enough is really too much. They tell of the nights when I anxiously wait for the morning, like the darkness nipping at the heels of the dawn. They tell of my heart-felt desire to be a reflection of my Savior. Not a marred image, but a mirrored image. The lines on my face tell the stories my mouth rarely tells, but what my heart really feels.

"As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person."
-Proverbs 27:19

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, honest and raw...and i can relate, but He is greater, yes? thankful for your honesty and believing with you in what He wants to do in these Joel 2 restoring locust-eaten years days...