Friday, May 6, 2011

A Glance Back

I started out this past school year looking to score some goals. Not the kind of goals an athlete scores on the field, but the kind of goals a missionary scores for the Kingdom. So I picked up my Bible and activated my prayer life. But when I glance back I was not nearly as prepared as I thought I was.

This year the Lord showed me even more what it means to love and serve sacrificially. When the thoughts running through my head told me, “I don’t have the strength to do this,” I countered it with the truth found in Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” And I saw that when my strength ended, whether in the midst of a Bible study that ran too close to midnight or in the midst of comforting a tear-stained heart, the Lord showed up and moved in ways I could not have orchestrated.

And that’s the beauty of serving the Lord. We offer all that we have and he makes up all that we don’t have.

No comments: