Thursday, December 22, 2011

Called

I wore a coat of many colors before stepping out to rub elbows with the world. For some crowds I wore the perfect color, for others I wore a color less conventional. But dressing like a chameleon did not leave me feeling colorful, it only left me feeling empty. So I started flirting with the darkness in hopes that no one would see me at all. Still, I don't know which is worse-to have an identity crisis or to feel invisible? Until one day, Christ answered my question when he called me by name.

Has he called you by name?

"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
-Isaiah 43:1-3

No comments: