Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Fickle Heart

With one breath, I hold my resume in my hand and flash a prayer toward heaven. Then with the next breath, I flip-flop, holding a prayer in my hand while flashing my resume toward heaven. I'm not sure which is worse or which is better. But if there is truth in the statement, "it is more important to seek the giver than the gifts," then I don't know where my fickle heart falls. So I reach for my pen to scribble a few more notes about what I think I can do for God, until he gently reminds me that I can search my heart for anything I have to offer, or I can search his. And when I finally do, I find more than I could have ever dreamed.

What about you? Are you trying to build your resume to do great things for God? If so, pray about checking in with him first.

"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
-Ephesians 2:10

No comments: