Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Busy

I have hid behind a curtain of activity with hopes that a prompting "to be" rather than "to do" would eventually subside. But in my heart I knew that busyness did not equate with obedience. I can be busy doing things for God, but they may not be the key things he planned in advance for me to do. Does busyness have you distracted today? If so, "... let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds..." -Hebrews 10:22-24

1 comment:

Chris Morgan said...

If the devil can't make you bad, he'll make you busy.