Friday, August 21, 2009

1 Peter 3:3,4

What is beauty?

For me, beauty is no longer something I have to prove in the eye of my beholder. Instead, beauty is birthed in the eye of my Maker. He places a rare treasure in my heart that cannot be bought. It does not come in the shape of a Coach bag. It does not look like a new hair color. It does not feel like a new boyfriend. It is an inner confidence of God’s love for me- a sturdy sort of substance that really sticks to the heart and radiates in the eyes of others.

1 Peter 3:3,4 "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

No comments: