Sunday, August 23, 2009

2 Corinthians 2:14, 15

What do you think of when you read the word aroma?

When I started dating my husband he wore Aqua Di Gio. To this date the aroma of that cologne always takes me back to the time when I first fell in love with him. It is nostalgic to me.

Earlier this week I baked chocolate chip cookies with my daughters. The sweet aroma of sugar filled our home so richly. It was an aroma I wanted to savor.

Do my experiences trigger any associations you may have with the word, aroma?

If not, perhaps scripture will. 2 Corinthians 2:14,15 says, "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing."

What kind of aroma are you sporting with heaven? Is it nostalgic, sweet, rich? Or is it just the opposite?

No comments: