Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

How is it possible to receive the grace we need to delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions? It seems like a tremendous contradiction and yet it is in so many ways the crux of our daily Christian faith.

I live in a messed up world. Still I find it ironic that my so called reality is not necessarily God's reality.

I wrestle with the fact that hardships are difficult, uncomfortable, challenging, awkward, inevitable, even painful. So I need to learn to better grasp God's grace in order to confidently quote Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10:

"But he (Jesus) said to me 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Can you wrap your brain around that?

No comments: