Monday, November 30, 2009

God clothed in an infant's frame

Frosted windows glow. Inside a hearth burns brightly. The cold night air confirms it is Christmas time as little twinkling lights compete with the stars.

I cannot imagine the first Christmas when my Savior took his first breath in the night air of an old dusty stable. Lord, did you shiver in the cold when you stepped out among humanity-God clothed in an infant's frame.

Lord, did all of heaven look down to earth from the warmth of cloudy, frosted windows? I cannot fathom that you left the comforts of home for the sake of me and for all humanity. Yet, on the night you came to earth, they pushed you to the outskirts of town.

Lord, I pray that we will welcome you today, and not push you to the outskirts of our lives, even on our darkest and coldest nights.

No comments: