Monday, November 23, 2009

Luke 2:11

My heart swells in anticipation of what this holiday season will bring.

My six year old helps to usher in feelings of thanksgiving; in her first grade class at a public school, she wrote a story about how thankful she is for Jesus. Her child-like faith bears a depth I admire.

Meanwhile, my three year old waits for the day when we can decorate the house for Christmas, after having very little memory of Christmases past.

And I look forward to spending quality time with family and friends in the midst of all the festivities that deck the halls of our lives with beauty and busyness.

But even when the demands of this holiday season come knocking at my door, I will remember that most of all, my heart swells in anticipation of celebrating the birth of our King.

"'Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.'" -An angel of the Lord, Luke 2:11

No comments: