Thursday, April 12, 2012

Embracing Community

My need for community clings to my soul. Sometimes I embrace it, other times I try to shake it off, whether because the need clings too tightly to me or because I cling too tightly to the need. But I find the perfect balance when I cling to Christ instead, trusting him to provide just the right kind of community that keeps me close enough to him.

Have you gaged your need for community lately? What about your dependence on the Lord to fulfill that need?

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."
-Acts 2:44-47

No comments: