Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"Vision Casting" London Blog #3

Life hands us challenges that appear in all different shapes and sizes. But a vision can also take on many different shapes and sizes, especially when God casts our vision. He has a way of not only casting light on our dreams, but also casting shadows over the challenges we face. So when I search for the Divine in everyday life, I don’t have to look very far to discover the vision God has given to me. How about you? What is it that fuels your passion? Who is it that casts your vision? Are you like the Olympian who runs to win the race? Are you like the missionary who takes a step of faith? As I walk the streets and take the trains throughout London, I rub shoulders with many different people, ranging from Olympians to missionaries and just about everyone else in between. Each of those people has a unique plan and purpose designed by God. I guess the question is: do they have the vision to see it? And what about each of us? In Jeremiah 29:11 the Lord declares, “For I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”

No comments: