Saturday, August 4, 2012

"Currency Exchange" London Blog #8

The British pound is stronger than the dollar, meaning our American money does not stretch as far in London as it does in Tampa. That idea alone gets me thinking about a different kind of exchange I make everyday. I have a terrible habit of picking up the currency of this world and carrying it around in my heart; things that weigh me down, like stress, fatigue, even worry. I have bought the lie that these things will make me rich or happy. But if the world tells us its currency can make us rich, my question is, rich in what? Instead, the prayer of my heart is found in Proverbs 30:8,9; "give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name."

No comments: