Saturday, August 25, 2012

Too Ministry Minded

When my strategies become distractions, or my plans keep me from hearing the Holy Spirit, then I have become too ministry minded. When what I preach sounds more like the way I ought to live than the way I actually live, then I have lost my way. I don't ever want my strategies, plans, or way of life to take away from the gospel. And I don't want to become so ministry minded that I am no heavenly good. So I resign from the strategies and plans to simply let my story be my ministry. After all, my story has God's redemption woven all throughout each and every line. And I pray that each day both my story and my ministry will reflect Revelation 12:10,11; "Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens,'It has come at last-salvation and power and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth—the one who accuses them before our God day and night. And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony...'"

No comments: