Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My family

As a mother, I try to establish a Christian culture inside the four walls I call home so that as my daughters grow, they will shine and not shrink back when asked about their faith. So I seek to lay a foundation they can stand upon, like the person Jesus describes in Matthew 7:24-27; "Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.” And I strive to build upon that solid foundation, like the woman in Proverbs 14:1; "A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands." So that when anyone looks at us, I hope they will not expect to see a perfect family, but one that is pointed in the same direction as the cross.

No comments: